Friday, October 20, 2006

G'day from OZ

I arrived in Sydney and stayed in Big Hostel. It was strange to be in a big city and the weather was really hot. I met a lad travelling from the airport to the same hostel as me so we decided to have a look around together. We headed straight down to the harbour to the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. I forgot my camera but as I'll be in Sydney for Christmas I'm sure I'll be back to take quite a lot of photos. From there we headed to the Rocks and found an old bar that was a bit like an old English pub and had a beer. We headed back through the city and grabbed some food before finding an Irish bar with a live band.

Next morning I got up to decide my route around Australia. I headed to the Greyhound office and bought a Coast to Coast pass. The pass gets me from Sydney to Perth via Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide. The final part of the journey from Adelaide to Perth is on the Indian Pacific railway. From Perth I'm planning to fly back to Sydney before travelling up the East Coast to Cairns where I'll use my around the World ticket flights to Ayres Rock then back to Sydney. I'll spend Christmas and New Year in Sydney.

After sorting my tickets out I headed down to the Paddy Markets and Darling Harbour where I watched a didgeridoo show at the Outback Centre with images of the Outback projected on the wall behind the performer.

That night I had a walk up to Kings Cross before heading back to the hostel.

I left Sydney next day and caught the Greyhound to Canberra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home