Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tiwanaku and Sillustani

Ok for all you fans of ruins I forgot to mention these 2 places I visited.

The first was Tiwanaku. Tiwanaku is an important Pre-Columbian archaeological site in Bolivia. I didn´t think it was that exiting apart from the fact that it had the World´s first amplifier. This was a rock with a piece carved out to put your face - you spoke in to the rock and it amplified the sound. Also I liked this statue:



The second was Sillustani in Peru which is an ancient burial ground near lake Titicaca. There are loads of tombs and grave robbers often blew these up looking for treasure. This visit would have been better if the guide had not been rubbish - I gave up listening to him and went guinea pig spotting as there were a few running about. Guinea pig is a delicacy here in Peru - I will not be trying it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The statues look similar to what we will be seeing at Easter Island. Cool!

Jen
x

06 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home